Why You Should Rent a Boat or Yacht Before Buying One
The Similar Aspects of Buying a Boat and a Home
If you have ever bought a house, you know the work and planning process that goes into making that decision, finding the right selection, and ensuring that it is a gratifying transaction.
When you are getting ready to buy a house you shop around, look at similar listings, get very clear on the kind of space you want, how many bedrooms, baths etc. You think about the long-term plans you have and ensure that the house you pick is not only a good fit for those plans but also a good economic investment. You consider the mortgage payments you would have to make, the savings funds you would have to have for any additional repairs and maintenance. You sit down and do the numbers associated with buying a home, you take into consideration the home price, the mortgage rates, closing costs, interest rate, etc. After being clear on this and having narrowed down your options you finally select and follow-through, feeling confident about your choice.
When looking to buy a boat there is a similar process because the decision is no less important. Buying a home or boat for personal use is an important decision that involves where you will spend dedicated quality time, whether by yourself or with friends and family. You want to ensure that the environment of such space is just the right fit for your lifestyle and personality. For example, you may find that for your incredibly adventurous personality a high-end exotic water home, is a better fit than a waterfront home property
You also want to verify that you are purchasing a safe space that is a smart investment for both your time and money. To make the best decision, you need to take time to weigh out your options, shop around, compare, choose, and then make a conscious commitment. The best way to do this is by being very clear on what you want, which may require that you dive deep and test out the waters (by renting before buying).
Rent a Boat Before You Buy a Boat
The great thing about boats is that, unlike homes, it is a lot easier to try out the type of boat you want before committing to buying one. One great way to do this is by renting before buying.
This is especially beneficial when you have some idea of the type of boat you want but are not completely sure and want to explore different options before committing to a decision. Companies such as Navisyo can offer great deals on boat rentals. Whether you want to try to navigate the boat yourself or experience some amazing travel time sailing in the waters while talking to the boat owner as he captains the ship and answers your questions on the perks and responsibilities of owning that type of boat. Learn more about how this works.
Why Rent a Boat Before Buying
- You may or may not have a good idea of the type of boat you want to buy. There is such a vast variety of boats and they come in all shapes and sizes. Let’s say you have experience sailing on a pontoon boat and are ready to try out a speed boat. There are significant differences between both, and it may feel like a big change. This is why getting a speed boat rental first, can help solidify your decision.
- You get a more realistic experience of the responsibility of owning a boat. When you rent a boat for a longer-term period and not just a couple of days, it allows you to be more aware of things you will need to consider if you plan on owning a similar boat. It also gives you a better idea of the maintenance costs, repairs, things to check on, and other things you may not have taken into account.
- You have an idea of the type of boat you want but are still unsure about other things such as the size. The type of boat you buy will mostly depend on the purpose of the boat. If you love to go fishing on the weekend and mainly just want a boat for that, then you would most likely not buy a speed boat, but a pontoon boat might be an option. If you already know what type of boat you want, you might want to now research the boat sizes. The best way to do this is to test them out to determine the right fit for you, your equipment, and the capacity of people that you want the boat to hold at any given time. Test out the boat sizes by getting boat rentals that allow you to try three different boat sizes to find the one you would be most comfortable with. Here is a great article to help you determine what fishing boat size you need depending on your specific desires and requirements: What Size Boat You Need
- You are just curious about buying a boat but not completely sure. Whether you´ve been curious about boating for a while or are already an expert boater, ready to buy a second boat, you may have doubts. This is normal and certainly understandable. By first renting one you can hone in on your decision. Maybe you’ve spent some time on a fishing boat and feel that now it would be nice to have your own sailboat or yacht. In any case, the best way to find out is to actually try it out and then evaluate how you feel about making that choice.
- You get to decide whether you want to buy or rent for the long term. Ultimately the best part of renting a boat before you buy is the experience. As you are testing out different options you begin to get a clear idea of what you like and don’t like about certain boats, but most of all you get the actual hands-on experience and can make a more empowered choice. You may realize that you rather enjoy renting a boat instead of being a boat owner. You may conclude that you only want a boat for certain seasons, or the opposite may happen. You may realize you really loved spending time on that type of boat and are now ready to make a confident decision.
Boat Rentals Near Me By Boat Types
As we mentioned many times before there are many types of boats out there, from sailboats to motorboats, to yachts and even water homes to live on. The following are some of the more common types of boats out there that you might consider renting as you are on your quest for the best purchasing option.
Speed Boat Rental
Speed boats are engine-power boats created to go very fast and their entire structure is designed with this in mind. Their aerodynamic shape allows them to reach these high speeds and there are numerous varieties of speed boats. These boats are used for racing, water skiing, and are especially preferred by the authorities for water chase scenarios. A speed boat rental can range in price from around $350 to $800.
Fishing Boat Rentals Near Me
Fishing boat rentals are fairly common around piers or lakes where fishing is a common past-time. Many different types of boats fall into this category. From bass boats to pontoon boats and even large fishing vessels used for commercial fishing, you can truly find fishing boats in every size and shape. Due to the immense range of size and types a fishing boat rental can typically range in price from around $400 to $2,000 a day.
Pontoon Rentals Near Me
Pontoon boats are flatboats that rely on floats to stay buoyant, their flat design makes them ideal for different types of amenities such as standing bars or sun lounges. They can be used for fishing or sightseeing and are most common for navigating lakes. Pontoon boat rental prices can vary greatly by size, location, and amenities but you can usually find one for around $500.
Sailboat Rental Near Me
Sailboats as the name states have sails that help navigate the vessel. Some sailboats are partially propelled by the sails while others are entirely propelled by them. Due to this, sailing for the most part requires a knowledge base on the wind and sails to properly cruise the waters. Sailboat rentals can range from $400 to around $1,000 a day.
If you are considering buying a yacht, yacht charters offer the flexibility of renting just the yacht itself so you get the full experience of navigating it, organizing it, and caring for all aspects of it yourself, just as if it were your own. This way you get to test out what it would be like to own one yourself.
There are also charter options that include the crew along with the yatch so you don t have to worry about all the details yourself. When you charter a yacht along with a crew you can take that time to enjoy the experience while also having a whole group of experts to ask questions to. As you learn from the crew’s experience you can make a more informed decision when buying your own.
Yachts are at least 33 feet in length with some being as big as 79 feet or more. Yachts are considered the highest luxury vehicles of the waters and many even make them their primary home while they travel the oceans. Most yacht charters have a rental requirement of at least 5 days or around one week. However, you may find some offer a day rental or packages and discounts for a months rent.
How to Rent a Boat
Every rental place and location has its own requirements and rules. For the most part, you must be at least 18 years old to rent a boat.
- Pick a boat rental place and choose a type of boat. Some places allow you to choose the specific type of boat or characteristics you want while others may make a suggestion based on your destination or the experience you want.
- Choose how long you want to rent it for and get clear on the cost to rent. At first, you may want to try to rent a boat for a day to get an idea of the experience itself. You may also be able to get better deals and promotions if you rent certain types of boats for a week or five days.
- Evaluate the things you liked and didn’t and the important things to consider. Make sure you keep a record of the things you noticed and realized about the boat you rented and in consideration to whether you would have liked to own or not a boat like that.
Navisyo: Next-Level Boat Rental Experience
Whether you want to rent a boat with the idea to buy your own at some point, or just for fun to enjoy an unforgettable experience, be sure to check out Navisyo.com Their amazing array of available vessels is sure to exceed your expectations. Choose from a flotel stay where you can stay overnight in a yacht, a voyage where you get to navigate to a different location or a vessel to host an event for you and your guests. Browse their boat offers here.